PolaCon – the world’s first 3-day instant film photography convention – is back for year three! And nearly every event planned is still free to attend (with an RSVP). We’ve been looking forward to this year’s PolaCon since last year’s closing events!
What’s PolaCon like? Read this excellent, comprehensive recap of last year’s PolaCon! And here’s a fantastic, thorough recap of the first PolaCon. This year, PolaCon2018 (aka PolaCon3) convenes in Dallas on Friday and Denton on Saturday and Sunday, and the 3-day event will feature more than 20 workshops/sessions with guest speakers and photographers, an annual panel discussion dubbed "The State of the Emulsion Address,” a Zines & Things “swap meet” area, an instant film exhibition, pop-up galleries, an Instant Film Museum, 8x10 demos and a photobooth, as well as film- and camera-specific walks and meet-ups – in addition to more than five unique PolaWalks in distinctive, picturesque areas. As in year’s past, the finalized schedule will be posted a week before the convention and a limited number of printed programs will be available. Attendees should check the FB event page or Instant Film Society’s Instagram account and our website on the mornings of DAY I, II and III for any “official” last-minute additions, deletions or cancellations.
All of PolaCon is free to attend. However, some venues have limited “seats” or standing room, so most events will only be open to RSVP’d guests.
DENTON—Sunday, September 30
- 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Denton Camera Exchange 117 Piner St, Denton, TX 76201
- 11 a.m. – Surprise Session with Special Guest Photographer (Guess you’ll just have to get up early to find out who rolls through....
- noon –1:30 p.m. Workshop and demos.
LONG LUNCH BREAK
- 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Patterson-Appleton Arts Center 400 E Hickory St, Denton, TX 7620
- Pop-up Instant Film Exhibition
- “Which Instant Film Camera is THE BEST?” – Panel Discussion
- Storing, Scanning, Printing and Enlarging Polaroids – Talk & Demo
- An 8×10 Instant Film Demo & Photo Booth
- The Art of Instant Film – Panel Discussion
- AFTER PARTY AT ARMADILLO ALE WORKS [Same parking lot as PAAC] 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.