Classic Cars and Mechanic Girls
Photographed on cinematographic footage
Weekend workshop with lecturers Marwan El-Mozayen (Editor PhotoKlassik Magazin) and Norbert Lochmann (Photowelt-Lochmann).
In our PhotoKlassik-Akademie Workshop "Classic Cars and Mechanic Girls in Color" we want to show the participants ways and techniques to put on classic CineStill color footage classic pinup shots with 2 charming professional models and 2 classic cars in workshop atmosphere.
For the first time we will compare the possibilities of digital and film-based photography.
Key points of the first theoretical part are:
- Basics of the pinup genre
- Development of a shooting idea
- Development of a shooting plan (from the idea to the planning of all components such as light and equipment)
- Location Scouting
- Model acquisition and make-up artist
- Light guide with studio flash and light shapers
- Exposure metering with GOSSEN exposure meters
- Suitable film materials
- Shooting preparation and time management
In the second practical part the shoot "on location" will be carried out.
Focal points here are the work with the digital as well as the analog camera and the creative possibilities of both techniques in comparison.
Two experienced professional models are available for this active workshop part.
In the process, the effect and mood of colors is specifically discussed, especially when using the CineStill film, but also other color film materials.
After that, the actual shoot is done on two sets.
Each participant is involved in the entire process and will have enough time to independently implement the theoretically previously learned independently.
In the third and final part of the workshop, we will jointly develop the exposed films using the Tetenal C-41 2 Bath Kit.
... and later also make color prints by means of a color enlarger in the RA4 process.
Alternatively, the films are scanned in a hybrid process using the SilverFast software.
The participation fee for the workshop includes:
- Workshop on Saturday and Sunday
- two photo models
- Make-up artist / hairdresser
- Studio light
- Flash exposure meter from GOSSEN (on loan)
- Consumables (color films KB and MF, color photo paper, color chemistry)
- Film development and enlargements
- Hybrid processing, scanning the films with SilverFast software
- non-commercial image rights (model release)
- Catering Saturday during the day (snacks, drinks)
- certificate of participation
399 euros per participant
359 euros "Early Bird Special" (limited number available)
maximum 12 participants
Refunds are possible until 6th September 2018.
Refunds are unfortunately excluded after this date. However, you can transfer your ticket for free to any other person who can then join you at the event.